Accredited Concierge Professional – FAQ

Why is evidence is required?

In order to maintain the integrity of the ACP status, all evidence must be supported by a Statutory Declaration signed by a Justice of the Peace.

What is considered a Concierge Service?

Hours billed to a client or Workshop presentations.  At least 600 of the 800 hours evidenced must be for Concierge Services, not Professional Organising

What is considered Professional Development?

Training, attendance at seminars, conferences or workshops where a certificate of attendance (minimum) is obtained.  Examples of PD course may include (but not limited to):

iCALM Conference
Small Business Workshops
Event Management
Project Management
Social Media

I am undertaking my Diploma of Concierge Services.

Two Units of Competency is the equivalent of 40 hours Professional Development.

Why does Professional Development need to be within the last 2 years?

In the fast pace world we live in, PD to be relevant to the industry as it is today.

Client References or Testimonials

This is required to evidence that you are providing services relevant to the Concierge and Lifestyle Management industry.  iCALM may contact your referee to verify the contents of the reference.

What is considered Community Service?

Community service is volunteer hours, sponsorship of a community event, donating prizes (concierge hours or other), provided in within the last 3 years,  for the purpose of fundraising.  The total combined value of the community service  (either time equivalent or funds) must total at least $500.  For example if you your hourly rate is $50 per hour and you donated a 5 hour pack as a Silent Auction Prize, this would constitute 1 Community Service, with a value of $250.

Do I get my application fee back if I do not qualify?

We will provide you with support as to how you may better your application and thus obtain your ACP.  However if you withdraw your application a $50 administration fee will be applied.

Can I apply for ACP if I am not a member of iCALM?

Unfortunately no.